Wednesday 2 December 2009

Steering Group complete and Christmas drinks

So there we have it. It's done. Names to come, but we have heads of CSR and sustainable business, CEOs and a fantastic chairman in Oliver Rothschild.
This group is bringing together people who have really captured the narrative around sustainable business and can establish not only how this area might develop, but also how third and private sector partnerships might be set up in the future.

The steering group will meet for the first time in January, and we are inviting businesses and third sector organisations to join us for the forum on 23rd February.

We really want this to run as a forum, rather than a set of presentations and questions. Issues will be discussed and new directions highlighted. The other real goal is to change minds. We would like the forum members to leave their pre-conceptions at the door and at here all sides of all discussions. It will be a constantly challenging group, but this way we will see some results!

All this must be organised this year, which is fast disappearing. I have now 11 working days left before my holiday begins. I have a handful of meetings with our partners to go before I leave, and a host of other preparation to do before I can think of holidays. Friday has been written off for our ACEVO Christmas party. Ice skating at Somerset house and lunch. I'm sure the mulled wine on offer will provoke the desire but take away the performance and I will spend much of the morning on my arse, much to the amusement of colleagues and strangers alike. Although, I hear I'm in good company: our chief policy wonk could barely manage the skater shuffle last year, and spent a long time on the arm of a colleague.

On the subject of mulling, I mulled some cider last weekend. Much better than the wine equivalent in my view. Threw some dark rum in as well for good measure. I also indulged in a 1978 Rioja that my colleagues bought me for my birthday - the oldest wine I have had and I now have ambitions for more. Great stuff. A drop of vintage port was a splendid end to an evening with friends.

So, a full panel on our steering group and the McKelvey house well and truly in the Christmas mood, at least in the booze department.

No comments:

Post a Comment